Acura TL Engine
Welcome to enginesandgearboxes.co.uk, if it's a used, new, second-hand or reconditioned Acura TL engine you are looking to buy then we are here to help you. You will find the largest selection of Acura TL engines, all with low mileage.
When it comes to prices, you will find the cheapest engines for sale from us; and we offer the large selection of engines countrywide. Our engine deals are updated on a daily basis so that you can get the best bargains from our best car breakers.
Acura TL's engine acceleration innovation
The prevailing trend is for cars to get larger and more powerful with each redesign, and such was the case with the Acura TL's newest makeover. The current model is the largest TL yet and offers more interior room; a new V6 engine with increased horsepower and available all-wheel drive help compensate for the TL's added curb weight. Today's TL also boasts a host of gadgets and gizmos that represent the latest in automotive technology.
The new 2010 TL’s dramatic styling and breathtaking performance are rivaled only by its stunning technological achievements. Each model boasts an impressive engine: a 280-hp, 3.5-liter, VTEC® V-6 in the TL, while the TL SH-AWD combines a powerful 305-hp, 3.7-liter, VTEC V-6 with Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD®) and a choice of a 5-speed Sequential SportShift automatic or 6-speed manual transmission. Add Acura’s critically acclaimed navigation system, along with the TL’s other luxurious appointments, and the road is yours for the taking.
There is a different engine cover for the Type-S. With a red stripe and reversed type on the aluminum displacement plate. But the more significant aspect is what’s under the cover. While the TL has a 3.2-liter, SOHC all-aluminum engine that produces 258 SAE Net hp @ 6,200 rpm and 233 lb-ft of torque @ 5,000 rpm, the Acura engineers have based the engine for the Type-S on the 3.5-liter used in the Acura RL sedan, the top-of-the-line model in the lineup. This engine produces 286 hp @ 6,200 rpm and 256 lb-ft of torque @ 5,000 rpm.
As weight was a consideration, they worked to make the engines lighter for both vehicles. Overall, it is 6.7 kg lighter than the engine in the ’06 TL. Among the ways this was accomplished:
The 3.5-liter, VTEC® V-6 engine
The 3.5-liter, VTEC® V-6 engine in the standard TL produces an impressive 280 horsepower and 254 lbs.-ft. of torque, while delivering an EPA Estimated Fuel Economy of 18 in the city and 26 on the highway.27
- * Superior breathing from the VTEC® variable valve timing and high-flow exhaust systems improves both power and efficiency.
- * All-aluminum construction, a hollow camshaft, and other weight-saving measures keep the larger engine lighter for better handling.
- * The Drive-by-Wire™ throttle system adjusts throttle response so it can be easy to modulate in slow speeds, yet highly responsive when high performance is called upon.
The 3.7-liter V-6 engine
The 3.7-liter, VTEC® V-6 is Acura's most powerful production engine ever built, rivaling the output of many V-8s. Dishing up 305 horsepower and 273 lbs-ft. of torque, it delivers a smooth, responsive feel, thanks to significant weight- and vibration-reducing measures.
* Magnesium-alloy cylinder head covers with hardened aluminum cylinder sleeves help improve vehicle balance and power-to-weight ratio.
* A forged crankshaft results in lower weight and increased strength.
* A high-flow exhaust system increases the engine's power efficiency.
* EPA Estimated Fuel Economy is 17 city / 25 highway with the automatic transmission and 17 city / 25 highway with the 6-speed manual.27
Both TL engines employ a high-flow exhaust system that greatly decreases power-robbing exhaust back pressure.
- * The system uses a wider, low-restriction catalyst.
- * A sophisticated hydro-forming process smoothes the inside of the sharpest bends in the exhaust system so the engine can breathe easier.
- * When cruising in a straight line, up to 90% of the power is sent to the front wheels for better fuel economy, and up to 70% of the power can be transferred to the rear wheels upon hard acceleration.
- * In a curve, up to 70% of torque can be directed to the rear—all of which can go to the outside wheel to improve cornering by directing power where weight has shifted.
- * Unlike conventional drivetrains, your cornering stability typically improves by accelerating through a curve.
- * The transitions are seamless, so all you feel is a supremely agile chassis.
The TL engine provides smooth, vibration-free operation with best-in-class wind-noise performance.
- * Windshield noise is reduced as a result of three soft noise-absorbing layers sandwiched between two plates of acoustic glass and thick, 5mm side and rear glass.
- * Electronically controlled engine mounts reduce engine noise.
- * An aluminum steering hanging rack reduces vibration.
- * Strengthened chassis mounting points improve suspension isolation.
If you need an Acura TL engine, then look no further. We aspire to have the largest stock nationwide, and we offer 100% fully tested and guaranteed engines which are ready for immediate dispatch worldwide.
Find crazy prices on quality Acura TL engines with our ‘Quick Find’ or call *0905 232 0099 and get free quote and free shipping today.